At this public access computer terminal, you can:
- locate information about records so that you can request and review original or microfilmed records in our research rooms. Microfilm also is available for rent. See genealogy resources available through our public web site, archives.gov.
- look for documents and family histories online by searching commercial databases--Ancestry and Heritage Quest—and resources available through the LDS library. See these online indexes.
- find general information about our services and records
available at our locations
- locate schedule and registration information for genealogy workshops available at our facilities,
- order reproductions
- order and pay for copies of census, military pension file, and land entry files records by using Order Online!
- begin the order process to obtain copies of veteran’s military service records by using eVetRecs, and
- visit each of NARA’s web sites.
We request that you limit your time on these computers to 30 minutes when other patrons are waiting to use the machines.
If you have questions or need assistance, please see National Archives staff members located at desks near the public computer terminals.
The public access PCs in the National Archives Building
are all located near staff desks.
The Customer Service Desk at A-II is located in the Researcher Registration area (Room 1000), right off the main lobby.
Thank you for visiting the National Archives and